Monday, October 17, 2011

Inspiration: Kitchen Cabinets.

My eye is catching something out there in blogland these days.

Just a glimpse.



I have no idea how long it has been out there.


But it seems new to me.

source: The indefatigable folks at Domestic Imperfection.

(her inspiration):

Source unknown.

And I love it.

Two toned cabinets. Differently coloured uppers from lowers.

In a way, the idea has been around since, like, forever:

source: Retro Renovation (Look at those fabulous red countertops and utterly gorgeous blue walls and floor).

They can be bold, shiny, modern:


Or old fashioned, gentled, laid back

source:redoux


Is there a reason the lower cabinets are darker? I think so, actually. Upper cabinets take up an extraordinary amount of visual space. They wouldn't be adequately anchored by a light coloured cabinet. The two exceptions? Well, the Kem-Glo ad has those red counter tops: that certainly adds balance. The blue and white IKEA kitchen? All I can say is that there's an extraordinary amount of white in that kitchen. And light.

Old-fashioned, retro, modern.
What's not to love?


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...