Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 7: Reflecting

Wow. One full week has passed already!

I really feel like I have done well--in spite of the fact that this has been a horrendously busy week. No, not because of it. The point of this exercise is to do my routines whether I am motivated or not--and I was highly motivated this week! Next week should be calmer--I'm looking forward to it. (The week after that, my husband has a week off. Things always fall apart when he has a week off. I really don't want that to happen this time.)

So far, today:

I made my bed and picked up in the master bedroom.

Last night my husband started the dishes and I helped, and then this morning I did up what was on the counter after breakfast. I even swept the kitchen floor!

Walking into the kitchen and seeing this is like being hit with a tingly Spring breeze of contentment and calm. I have another coat of paint to put on my windows but I am procrastinating as today's high is going to be only 10 degrees (Celsius.)

I wiped down the fixtures in the downstairs bathroom.

I started a load of laundry and folded what was in the dryer.

I did a quick pick up through out the main floor: things are looking good!

I made my To Do list while my daughter had breakfast and I've even finished my One Essential Task for today which was to clean the bath tub. It needed it. I won't tell you how badly.

I am feeling quite smug and content today: but I shouldn't. There's still the oven to finish cleaning--(I use this method, so things have been resting over night) and this mess to deal with.


This desk will become my sideboard and hold all our food on Thanksgiving. (I serve buffet style, as the dining room table is just large enough for our place settings--but not large enough for place settings and food!) As you can see, I have some work to do!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...