Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 18: Fail

Completely and utterly--even including not doing last night's dishes.

I made my bed this morning--and then promptly unmade it climbing back in this afternoon with stomach pain so bad I finally had to give in and send my husband out for some Eno. It may or may not have been related to the blinding headache I had this morning which contributed to my sleeping in.

And so it goes.

I'm moving slowly, carefully. I may try a bit of the soup I made in the crock pot the brief hour I felt like standing in between driving my son to two dental appointments today. (One to get his braces removed, the other to have his teeth cleaned and polished.)

I don't know what to think, if anything. Tomorrow will be the test. Will I bemoan the fact that I'll never catch up so it isn't worth even trying? or, will I not know when to stop and push myself too far and then give up because it really is impossible to keep up? Or will I just blow it off and say no one helps, I feel awful, I'm taking a vacation?

3 comments :

Carol-Anne said...

First of all, I don't think you can really call it a 'fail' when you're sick! Get up tomorrow and see how you feel....and if you feel well enough, get back on track! You can do it, you've been amazing so far!

onshore said...

oh, I agree with Carol-Anne. Just restart, it will start to flow again.

Alana in Canada said...

Thank you both for your encouragement. It means so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...