Friday, October 30, 2015

Day 30: Your Choice. My Choice? The Basement. Finally!


Read the previous entry in this series:  Day 29: Decluttering the Car: Not! or start at the beginning with the Introduction: 5 Ways Clutter Costs.



When I first thought of doing this challenge, I had thought I would just focus on my basement for the entire thirty-one days. Believe me, it could use a thorough clean out. It is where everything goes to die.

So, you can imagine how happy I was to get down there. I worked for about 45 minutes. The very first thing I had to do, though, was replace some lightbulbs, so I could get a picture!


same stuff, different angle:

sorry for the blur. 

Most of this is fallout from the great dining room makeover which I haven't fully revealed yet.

At first, there wasn't any sort of path at all. Then, I just started sorting things into piles of "like with like."

We have three full sized kitchen tables: one is to go to my sister. I have to clean it up, first, but then I'll be happy to see it go. I should let this white one in the foreground above, go, too, but I am rather attached to it. I "stole" it from my mother one year while I was in University and never looked back. 


The bags hold recyclables (the blue one, front, barely visible) and bottles and cans for the bottle depot (the big clear one). I simply moved the table out of the way to have room to work. It's not gone.


Likewise, I removed a rocking chair which had been here. I am finally ready to let it go, too. (It's not gone yet, just tucked out of the way.) I am looking forward to re-doing that painting there in the background. Those stacks of liquor boxes? Books to sell, then donate. That'll be a job and a half.

Tomorrow, we get rid of all the detritus that has collected over the past month. I am really looking forward to that!

Read the next entry in this series, Day 31: Clear It All Out! 

********************************************************
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to catch them all. Sign up to have each post delivered to your e-mail.







*********************************************************

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...