Friday, October 23, 2015

Day 23: Your Choice. My Choice? The Top of my Desk






Read the previous entry in this series:  Day 22: Saying Good-bye to a Piece of Childhood or start at the beginning with the Introduction: 5 Ways Clutter Costs.


No pictures, today.

There's a reason for that.

I had planned to spend the whole day working at my Mom's. I had planned to sand my last coat of mud on the drywall, wash the walls and ceiling, and prime. I was not going to come home until I had finished all of it.

But it didn't work out that way.

My husband and I had a leisurely morning. I even slept in until 10am. We were just packing up to go to my Mom's when my daughter called and wanted to come home from school. I'd just finished mentioning that we'd have to fetch her before we left when the phone rang again, and this time it was work, asking me to come in for the evening. I agreed. I probably shouldn't have.

We hit another snag at my Mom's and after sanding, had to mud again, ever so slightly. Holes in the walls needed to be filled--deep holes which wouldn't be dry for hours. I started washing the walls and realised I had totally underestimated how long it would take.

And what with traffic and all--we had to leave well before I'd completed my list.

I had planned to work on my basement this evening. I have been looking forward to getting down there and sorting things out. But with work--that would be impossible.

So, I thought about the smallest thing I could possibly do to keep myself moving forward, to keep up the decluttering momentum--and I decided to do the dead obvious: clean off the desktop. And then I thought of the easiest way to handle the whole writing of the post thing, etc.

And so, no pictures.

I hope you don't mind.
Sometimes you really just need to declutter complification from your life.


Read the next entry in this series Day 24: Craft Supplies or Tools, Your Choice.

********************************************************
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to catch them all. Sign up to have each post delivered to your e-mail.







*********************************************************

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...