Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Project 22: The Frog

Are you familiar with the concept of Eating the Frog?

Brian Tracy borrowed the phrase to humourously encourage us to do the most unpleasant thing in our day, first. Everything after that, you see, would be a piece of cake. (So to speak.)

Here's a short video I found on you tube which explains it: http://youtu.be/0W7GB5Fh2XM

This project was my frog.

This dresser which we call the "white dresser" (and I do suspect he's related to the white rabbit as it is always getting away from me....) sits in a very busy spot.



The top of it is a clutter magnet. The top drawer is worse. It was the drop spot for everything I didn't know what to do with. What is this bit? Don't know, put it in the top drawer of the white dresser. Looking for something? Look in the top drawer of the white dresser. That works--to a point. But then it gets to where the drawer is so full, you can't find anything in there. It took us about two and a half years to get to this point. (I know, because I did a scrapbook page about clearing it out in 2010.)

The date on this picture is April 28th.



Tackling it was one of the reasons I started this project. (Why I have to start 30 in order to finish one, only my therapist knows--if I had a therapist--which I don't. But s/he'd know. I hope.)

I piled everything on top of the dresser, in hope that that would motivate me to tackle it.



Nope.

The next picture was taken May 1st, after 15 minutes of sorting into "stay" and "go."




I have no clue what happened after that. I know I bought organizers at one point.

I know I thought about what we needed in it. One new thing was stuff for doing hair. This is right outside the bathroom and doing one's hair here instead of in the bathroom means folks can get in (and out) more quickly. (It is our only bathroom with a shower/tub.)

At some point, I put everything I wanted to keep into the organizers. And just like that, I was out of room.



Then, I stalled on dealing with the stuff in the baskets I no longer wanted to keep here and, frankly, did not know what to do with. I still haven't dealt with all that stuff. It is the last 10% of the project that I always seem to have trouble finishing.

But the drawer is technically done. As is the top.

 



I will tackle the leftover bits and bobs, eventually.


It's all in the basement. You now, the place where things go to die.

2 comments :

onshore said...

I so hate these small random stuff that is definitely needed but somehow is never related to anything and so for is really difficult to organize. Well done on even starting this project. You'll find homes for the rest of the stuff eventually.

(I left a reply for you about the waistband and cuff alteration instructions in my blog, please go check that out if you are interested)

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks for the sympathy! That is exactly it. I will check out that comment, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...