Saturday, May 11, 2013

Project 11: Organize the Baskets at the Back Door

Well, this project grew all out of proportion to its intent.

As I've mentioned before, my back entry way is tiny.


There's no room for storing anything. Since the stairwell to the basement isn't enclosed, my husband and I came up with this idea of suspending IKEA Antonius wire baskets on chains to hold the million and one things kids need to go outside. You can see them in the picture above, on the left.

Here are the baskets, properly:

Someone drew that flower years ago to indicate where the pull tab is for the light switch in the laundry room.
 
They were incredibly dusty.
 
 
 
I knew I wanted to take them down to wash them and I thought, while I have them down, why not paint them?
 
So, I did.
 
 
 
I chose watermelon pink to match the flip flop holders on the boot shelf opposite.
 
 
 
Then, I rehung them. I moved some chains that seemed to be out of whack. When I was done, I realised I had completely switched their orientation! Instead of the narrow end facing the stairs, they were now broadside to them (except for the one on the bottom. Easier to access that way.)
 
 
 
So, another anti-procrastination project checked off the list!

1 comment :

onshore said...

Bright and nice. Are the baskets better now broadside facing the stairs?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...