Monday, May 20, 2013

Project 20: Create Home in Pantry for Extra Bathroom Items

I'm almost embarrassed to post this. It was too easy.

I have two bathrooms and no drawers in either of them. The only storage available is the medicine cabinets. There are closets, though, fitted with shelves, outside each bathroom.

If you wanted an extra tube of toothpaste you could look in the medicine cabinet, or in the closets. I never knew where to find it or even whether we had any. It was ridiculous. When I created my Household Goods Inventory Checklist, I realised, again, that I needed to create just one place to look.

So, I did. First, though, I had to put this pile back on the basement shelves.



Then, I could find my little plastic "shoeboxes" hidden at the back. I ran around the house gathering up all the extra toothbrushes, floss, and toothpaste. Then, I labelled it and placed it on a shelf in the pantry.



Now I need to organize the pantry! (Again.)

2 comments :

onshore said...

Simple but effective. I love when similar things can be stored in one place, that makes sense.

Alana in Canada said...

It is great. When I cam home with some extra toothpaste last night (there was a sale) I knew right where to put it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...