Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Project 1: The Horses

Back in the summer of 2010, our family took a vacation to the southern end of our province. It was a marvelous trip.

Throughout, my daughter kept asking me whether she should buy this or that for a souvenir. In a gift shop, somewhere, she came across a napkin that had been beautifully printed with four separate images of horses. She wanted it--and I told her we could frame each of the pictures to preserve it. Horses are a ubiquitous part of the southern end of our province and my daughter was ten--that perfectly horse-mad age for girls.

My daughter asked how much it was and as a lone napkin she got it for free.

I am not at all proud to tell you how long it has taken me to put together this project for her. I found the frames and the napkin in my dresser drawer last month and I took 20 minutes, just 20 minutes to put them together.

I left them on her bed--and when she saw them she asked me, "What are these?"

When I told her, she was thrilled--and then she asked me to hang them up outside her room for her. (The eaves slope in our upstairs bedrooms. Neither of us has much wall space.)

There were nails in the wall there already, but this isn't quite what I'd had in mind.

 
I am not about to let this particular part of the project languish for another three years, so I got out my tape measure, pencil and ruler, hammer and nails.
 


There. All better!

I thought it was a great way to begin this month's Project Anti-Procrastination!

Since this madness is all Tsh's fault, I am linking this first project to that last project, in her series, the "put off project."


Project Simplify on Simple Mom
 
That was sriously energising! I challenge anyone who has a project languishing in the dark corners of the house somewhere, to just go and get her done.
 
 


2 comments :

onshore said...

Excellent, like the uniform and clean look. Good for you to have that done.
I think I'll take up your challenge!

Alana in Canada said...

Really? That would be great! Here's to a productive month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...