Sunday, September 25, 2011

Menu Plan Monday



I have made up my menu plan for dinner for the month, as usual, but there have to be some last minute adjustments.

Our oven isn't working.

Add to that the fact that I've been wanting to plan our breakfast and lunches, too--especially before I head off to Safeway for the weekly "fresh food" shop!

Plus, our weather continues to be unseasonably warm this week (hooray!) which is really throwing me for a loop!

So, I need to sit down and write it all out. It will seem odd, but I'm at home with my son during the day (he's homeschooled) my daughter packs her own lunch for school and my husband always takes something he can heat in the microwave at work.

Weekly soup (for Hubby's lunches)

Brody's Lentil Soup.

Monday: (Today's high: 18C)
Breakfast:
cottage cheese, cantaloupe, toast (mine)
cereal (kids)
eggs, bacon and fried mashed potatoes. (hubby)

Lunch:
Ham & Cheese sandwiches/wraps
Poached salmon
cucumber and tomato salad

Dinner:
Hamburgers on the grill with Basil Mayonnaise
Purple cabbage and carrot salad.

Tuesday: (Today's high: 18C)
Breakfast
cottage cheese, cantaloupe, toast (me)
cereal

Lunch:
Ham and cheese sandwiches/wraps
left over cabbage and carrot salad

Dinner: (at 5pm)
Pork & Squash
(use fresh tomatoes from the garden instead of canned!)
mashed potatoes

Activity: Guides. Leave at 6:15

Wednesday: (14C)
Breakfast:
Boiled egg, toast, cantaloupe
cereal

Lunch:
Swedish meatballs and rice (son)
Ham and cheese sandwich (daughter)
Lentil soup (me)

Dinner:
Chicken fried rice, spinach.
Egg rolls (if oven is working).

Thursday: (15C)
Breakfast:
Boiled egg, cantaloupe, toast (me)
cereal

Lunch:
Swedish meatballs and rice (son)
Hot lunch at school (daughter)
Tuna salad on crackers
cucumber and red pepper strips

Dinner:
Apricot Dijon Pork chops
carrots, green & yellow beans,
rice.

Friday: (15C)
Breakfast:
Yogurt, fruit, toast
cereal
fried egg

Lunch:
Tuna and cucumber sandwich (me)
Ham and cheese sandwich (daughter)
Swedish meatballs and rice (son)

Dinner:
(if oven is not fixed: Rotisserie Chicken from Safeway) If it is fixed, then we'll have oven fried chicken nuggets.
Potato salad
Spinach and tomato salad
Buns.

Saturday: (13C)
I never plan Saturday but I think I'd like to make Chicken corn chowder (in the crockpot) and finish up the buns with it.

Man, that was exhausting!

Linking to Menu Plan Mondays at Org. Junkie.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...