Thursday, June 19, 2008

Scale

I am frustrated beyond belief, trying to create a landscape plan for my front yard. Fifty feet wide by forty feet long feels like an enourmous space on paper--but when I draw in two five foot shrubs to "frame" a seven foot Isanti Dogwood on the plan, I'm suddenly "out of room."

And now I know why. I have a small lot. Crazy but true. After a morning on Google, I have finally found a landscape plan drawn with measurements! It's from Taunton's excellent site on Garden Design in an article called "A Big Garden on a Small Lot". I clicked to it on impulse.


90 feet wide--90 feet is considered "small."
Good grief.

3 comments :

scb said...

Small is altogether in the eye of the beholder...

Hi. I'm back. It'll take a while to get caught up, but I'm back (there's a "How I spent my offline Staycation" post on my blog)

That's a cool tool you found. That's a cool plan you drew. I'll look at it in more detail after I've checked in with everyone. I feel so out of touch!!!

drwende said...

Is this like how a "small house" is 2500 square feet in the eyes of designers?

zooza said...

If yours is small, then mine is... um... do you think I could squeeze two daisies in or should I just order the one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...