Saturday, June 14, 2008

Nit Picking

All day. Three out the four of us.

I wasn't even pleased we'd just started our Science unit on bugs.

We all got home haircuts and treated. I thought that was the big deal. It wasn't. It's the laundry and the bagging, sealing and freezing. Ugh. I'll be at it all day today, as well. No, come to think of it, even that's not it. The absolute worst of it is that every little speck now looks like a bug to me. Even the cracked pepper on my noodles.

But I am happy about this:

(This is only about 1/2 of it.)


My hair is now a jaunty length, cut straight just below my earlobe. It looks sort of like a shorn hedge. My son walked around yesterday saying, "Who are you? Where'd you put my Mom?" A few hours after giving my husband his haircut, I said, "Hello, Handsome."

Nothing.

"This is where you're supposed to say something back like 'Hello, cutie.'"

He said, "You look so different. (pause) About ten years younger."

Score.

5 comments :

drwende said...

Whoa! Good for you!

Anne At Large said...

I believe the proper label here would be Boom Dada Boom, then, wouldn't it? Right on!

thefarmersdaughter said...

this has been a big fear of mine since Max came along. Do you know how the little critters got to you?

Alana in Canada said...

No, but they are quite species specific. What likes to live on our heads doesn't even like to live on our body, or, you know, that other hair. (they're all a different species of the critter.) It doesn't like canines--and the kind that do like canines doesn't like us. I looked it up as I was worried we'd have to treat the dog, too.

It has been going around the local school here--and there are kids on the block who have had it. I believe that's how my daughter got it and then she passed it along to us.

Colleen said...

well, it sucks, but 10 years younger is nothing to sneeze at- I'd keep that haircut!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...