Sunday, April 3, 2011

How I spent my Spring Vacation

We've just had our March break here--for those who don't know--it's a week long break for kids from school from kindergarten to high school --right about this time every year. University students take their break in February.

My husband had the week off, as well, and while some of my daughter's school friends went off to places like Hawaii and Disney World, we stayed home and watched the entire series of Battlestar Galactica for the first time. Wow. That's some good science fiction--which is always, at its very best, social commentary and philosophy all at once.

But the best part --Bear McCreary's music. Nothing moves me to tears so much as music and the music of BSG sent them rolling down my cheeks more than a few times. I always feel terribly silly, crying on cue, as it were, but oh well. What does it really matter if I've been manipulated or not? It's still catharsis.

This piece, as once commenter put it, the "emotional high point" of the last season is brilliant. That's one finely tuned out of tune piano.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...