Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 4.1 We're Not Talking Turkey....


Thanksgiving in Canada is this Monday (Oct 8). Normally, my sister and my mom join us for a Big Dinner. I just spoke to my Mom, though, and we decided NOT to have Thanksgiving this year. (I would have had to have planned it and then been in charge of all the cooking--at her place! No, thank you.) Instead told her I would have the two of them over when I was finished "all my projects."
I'm excited! I get to have a party after all! Now I just have to set a date and all that. Whew...something to motivate me through this messy, messy stage.

5 comments :

scb said...

Yay for having a party! (and yay for not having to cook a turkey in the midst of all this, no matter whose kitchen you'd be cooking in!)

Poppy Frock said...

happy thanksgiving!

Mella DP said...

Skipping Thanksgiving...I don't think you could do that in the US without some extreme sort of criminal violence. But good for you!

True confessions: I HATE Thanksgiving and wish I could convince ANYONE to do this.

drwende said...

Whew!

Mella, perhaps we should organize a sit-down strike against the traditional American Thanksgiving. I'm not against a four-day weekend, but since "everyone" travels, there's no point in trying to go anywhere unless you positively have to... and there's nothing to DO on the holiday except cook and eat.

Colleen said...

Last thanksgiving all of my siblings (we were ages 25, 24, 23, 23, 21) decided that we needed to all cook something for the big dinner so that Mom could just focus on the Turkey and the Mashed Potatoes (no one wants to compete with hers!), and so perhaps she could actually relax a smidge and enjoy things.

It didn't work. We were supposed to cook things elsewhere and bring them to the house more or less ready to go, but only my brother and I managed to do so entirely and Mom may have been a bit more stressed than usual thanks to the lack of "control".

I love the IDEA of Thanksgiving, but hate that it always turns out stressful, even when you try to avoid it!

(PS this is STLcolleen from AT and Flikr ;) )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...