Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Returning to Normal*

First things first:


May we never forget.


**********

For the first time in a long while, I sat down and planned our suppers for the week.  First, though, I had to create some space. (This is pretty good, by the by. I have been chipping away at this room since Thursday.)



So, I set the timer for 15 minutes and cleaned off the desk.




I am taking the week to clean my kitchen. I wondered what to tackle when it dawned on me that the most natural thing to do would be to clean the fridge.



So, I did.

And this is after the grocerey shop, too!


I picked up the sewing notions I need to make my Roman shades.

Awning cleats, shade cord, and that tape with rings. That's the fabric underneath, all washed and ironed.

I hope to get a chance to work on that this evening, but I'm pretty beat.


*well, as normal as things ever get around here!




3 comments :

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It's nice to see someone else's messy desk. It is amazing what we can do in 15 minutes as to cleaning up isn't it?

You inspire me.

Enjoy your week ~ FlowerLady

Alana in Canada said...

Thank you Lorraine! You are so encouraging. My house needs a few fifteen minutes!

MMarie said...

Alana, that fabric looks beautiful! I love how the colors in it will pull together all the other colors in your room. It's like a multi-colored scarf (fashion type, not winter type) that pulls the whole outfit together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...