Monday, May 2, 2011

The Shopping Spree

I quite surprised myself yesterday. I went to Home Sense (a store specializing in less-than-full-price totchkes and trendy things for the home) to see if I could find a suitable tablecloth or sheet to use as fabric for lengthening my living room curtains (again!) and went nuts. I don't know how else to describe it.

There were a few contributing factors, though.

One. after I steam cleaned the couch last week, twice, I got out the cushions I had purchased at Pier One several weeks ago, when the Hybrid Cure began.


But, of course, they don't work. I need to put back the off-white slipcover and put up my Ikea tab top off-white curtains. The problem with the curtains is that I foolishly cut them one year--and I cut them much too short. Since then, I have been looking for a fabric to use to lengthen them.

Two, in order to pull off the vibrant peacock teal in these cushions, I also need new artwork and new accessories.

So...shopping I a-went.

The first thing which caught my eye was this pitcher.


A pitcher? Why a pitcher? Well, because, Miss Mustard Seed has one (or two) on the top of one of her cabinets (photo in this post of mine) and I love it. So, three, uppermost in my mind this trip was the need for large items to fill the tops of my China Cabinet,


Bookcase,


and Expedit.


I found these tablecloths to serve as my fabric for the curtains.


Funny how light changes things. Last night I thought the lighter teal one would work (I actually like it more than the other) but this morning it was obvious that the darker one will have to do--if it works.

After I found these things, I caught Consumption--the 21st Century kind--a sort of shopping fever.

Look at this plant pot: isn't it beautiful?


This bucket is such a cheerful green:


I found this and I thought, why not? I'd seen someone use something like this over her front door to simulate the arched openings in her hallways. I have arched openings in my hallways, hmmmm.


But it doesn't fit. It is about 1/2" too tall. Probably a good thing as it would likely make the whole door area too fussy. It'll be returned.

I was thinking of the foyer, though, when I found this charming plate on sale. Doesn't it look perfect here?


And last, but not least, I found this beautiful plate. It made my heart go pitter pat.

It will have pride of place in my soon-to-be-made over living room. Who knows when I'll get it all pulled together, but, do stay tuned. It'll be a treat, I promise.

1 comment :

scb said...

What a fantastic shopping spree! (And I love those Pier One cushions... *drool* *envy* ) I didn't see anything that pretty at Pier One a couple of days ago...

Nor have I seen anything like your fabulous finds at Home Sense... Why do I feel as if a trip to Home Sense might be in my future?

I can hardly wait to see the end result of all this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...