Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday's Project

Cleaning the master bedroom!


I knew I wouldn't finish and I didn't. After dusting from top to bottom, it took me much longer than I'd thought it could possibly take to wash the wall behind the bed. It was a streaky mess. A long time roommate/housemate of my dear husband had painted this room with great gobs of paint on his brush--drips and bubbles and rough patches abound.


That's all I had time for this morning. And this afternoon all I had time to do (between returning from Tae Kwon Do and going to pick up the husband from work) was vacuum the lampshades and the window screen.


This evening I went upstairs to take this picture for you--and I was about to clean the window and mirrors when an irresistible urge came to lie down.




So I did.

(That's the new duvet cover I bought from AS IS at Ikea for $8. I think it's soooo purdy. The matching shams (also $8 for the pair) are in the wash.)

4 comments :

drwende said...

Very pretty! The bed demands to be lied down on.

thefarmersdaughter said...

very pretty! (and such a deal)

Good luck on all of your spring cleaning. I love spring cleaning because it really drives home the fact that winter is over (!) and spring is starting. Also, once you have the basis of a good clean house you can spend more time with the kid(s) and outside, and I am all for that.

scb said...

Looks great -- so peaceful, and, as Wende said, ready for someone to lie down (except that would muss it up...)

Colleen said...

good for youon lying down for once! and that bedroom is swooningly serene to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...