Saturday, July 25, 2015

Housekeeping Challenge: Day 7 Not the End.




Such a good week.

I woke up today full of energy. What's the best way to celebrate a week of housekeeping? Why--with a few chores, of course! I did a few I would consider to be my weekly chores--it just seemed right to do them on Day 7.

I vacuumed the stairs, dusted my bedroom, washed the kitchen floor--and in extra special honour of Day 7, wrestled the slipcover back onto the sofa.



It's been off since April. I washed it--and intentionally left it off until the back yard dried up from the Spring rain. And then, of course, I just didn't want to deal with it. Today was the day. It wasn't even all that difficult. I love it all nice and white again--and I'm thinking a nice bright cushion in honour of summer would be nice. But I don't really want to spend any more money right now.

1. Make the bed. 
Yes! I love my bed. I notice there's a lot of bland beds out there in blogland.
7/7



2. Swish and swipe the bathrooms. (Full bath on the main floor and the powder room upstairs)
Yes. I even swished the toilet bowls--with cleaner and everything.
4/7
 
3. Put away dishes in dish rack while coffee brews.
Yes. 
7/7

4. 15 minute pick up throughout main floor.
Yes, but I didn't set a timer. I haven' felt a great need for this. I wonder if it's because school's out?
3/7

5. Pick up the principle (formerly, master) bedroom
Yes. I even dusted. I almost vacuumed.
7/7

6. Laundry:
Wash one, dry one, fold one, put one away. Not necessarily the same one.
Yes! 
6/7

8. Do the Evening Dishes.
Yes! Every last one.
6/7

I hadn't thought I'd post past today--but I'm having second thoughts. Tomorrow is my last day of work before I take a week off--and being "on vacation" mode could be very dangerous to my new sparkly house. We are leaving Thursday for an out of town wedding--and I would love to come home to the house the way it is now. 

So, if it's all right with you, I'll continue.

2 comments :

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You are inspiring me!!!

Have a nice weekend and a great week off and fun at the wedding.

It is always nice coming home to a straightened and cleaned place.

You are doing great. I like my bedroom too.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

The first thing I thought when I saw your bedroom picture was "Wow! I love her bedding! The colours are beautiful!" I like colour, too. 😊 You're so right about bland bedrooms. I love waking up to some colour in the morning. It gets me going in the morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...