Thursday, July 23, 2015

Housekeeping Challenge Day 5: Company's Coming!

Today was another day off--thank goodness!

I vacuumed and put down the new entry rug. I say "new" even though I bought it two months ago--it was sitting in a corner--still rolled up and taped.

It is a little smaller than the old one.

left: taken in January; right: taken today. You can see the small child's chair is on the rug on the left but not on the right. I think I'll be keeping the old one for winter use.

I taught my daughter how to unclog the beater bar on our vacuum, today! And I dusted like a dervish. The house looked pretty good by the time my company came. I was very happy.

Here's how the rest of it went:

1. Make the bed. 
Yes! 5/5

2. Swish and swipe the bathrooms. (Full bath on the main floor and the powder room upstairs)
yes! 3/5
 
3. Put away dishes in dish rack while coffee brews.
Yes. 5/5

4. 15 minute pick up throughout main floor.
Yes! and then some.
2/5

5. Pick up the principle (formerly, master) bedroom
Yes. 5/5

6. Laundry:
Wash one, dry one, fold one, put one away. Not necessarily the same one.
Yes! I got the folding done from yesterday and yet another load done and hung up on the line. 4/5

8. Do the Evening Dishes.
Woot! Yes, indeedy. Take a look at that beeyootiful counter! It was like that when I prepared supper, too. 4/5


I work tomorrow night, but I have the day free. 

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...