Monday, July 27, 2015

Day 8 & 9

Working on the house this weekend. I really need to find some nice shrubs which will work, here!

Day 8 (Saturday)

I worked eight hours ending after 9pm.

When I got home, I wondered if I'd walked into the wrong house! The kitchen was beautiful. The counters were clear, the stove was shiny --and no pots!

The living room was tidy, too--which is a major accomplishment given my daughter had had a sleepover in there with two friends the night before.

How did I do with the checklist?

1. Make the bed. 
Yes! 
8/8

2. Swish and swipe the bathrooms. (Full bath on the main floor and the powder room upstairs)
No.
4/8
 
3. Put away dishes in dish rack while coffee brews.
Yes. 
8/8

4. 15 minute pick up throughout main floor.
No. 
3/8

5. Pick up the principle (formerly, master) bedroom
Yes. it involved folding and putting away the shirt and shorts I wore on Friday. 
8/8

6. Laundry:
Wash one, dry one, fold one, put one away. Not necessarily the same one.
No. Someone else may have done some laundry, though.
6/8

8. Do the Evening Dishes.
Yes! My husband did them.
7/8


Day 9 (Sunday)

I tried to sleep in--my first day of vacation! But there are too many rabbits in the neighbourhood and the beagle was intent on greeting them all with loud vigorous barking.

But, once I had my coffee, I started to get excited about getting some projects underway.

My son and I got started on taking down the popcorn ceiling in the back hallway.



I painted our front door from red to blue.


Hooray for one coat coverage! That's Behr Marquee "Island Dream" on the right.


I even painted the short wall in the stairwell. I went from yellow-green to blue-green. It is so calming (more later).

But, this is about the housekeeping checklist. How did I do?

1. Make the bed. 
Yes! 
9/9

2. Swish and swipe the bathrooms. (Full bath on the main floor and the powder room upstairs)
yes.
5/9
 
3. Put away dishes in dish rack while coffee brews.
Yes. 
8/8

4. 15 minute pick up throughout main floor.
No. 
3/9

5. Pick up the principle (formerly, master) bedroom
Yes. 
9/9

6. Laundry:
Wash one, dry one, fold one, put one away. Not necessarily the same one.
No.
6/9

8. Do the Evening Dishes.
Yes. And I should do more. 
8/9

I had one of those wonderful putz about the house days eating leftovers for all meals.
And pie.

Sweet.

4 comments :

Luisa in Dallas said...

Congratulations of a very successful week! You are really back in the thick of things. And I really, really love the blue door!

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks Luisa! I have to admit it is a bit jarring--from the outside of the house--but it looks great inside.

MMarie said...

HI Alana, Would it be a possibility to paint your stairs? Maybe that same blue? I realize the winter weather may cause problem so alternatively some larger pretty blue pots out front?

Alana in Canada said...

MMarie--That is an inspired idea. I'm not sure about the stairs--but some planters that colour would be very pretty. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...