Thankfully, today was a day off.
I decided to focus on the laundry.
Believe it or not, it's all clean.
So, I fired up a webinar and folded for a long time.
These clothes in the basket and on the table are new. I washed them just today--they had to be taken off the line quickly when it threatened to rain. More folding in the forecast, tomorrow!
How did the rest go?
I found it really, really hard to ask the kids to do anything--after all, I was home, these jobs are my job. But, I did. Unfortunately, my daughter did not do the vacuuming I asked her do--but my son did do the dishes after lunch (and brought in the clothes off the line).
I had to overcome the HUGE temptation to just take the day off, too. The house is looking OK, after all.
1. Make the bed.
2. Swish and swipe the bathrooms. (Full bath on the main floor and the powder room upstairs)
3. Put away dishes in dish rack while coffee brews.
4. 15 minute pick up throughout main floor.
5. Pick up the principle (formerly, master) bedroom
Wash one, dry one, fold one, put one away. Not necessarily the same one.
Yes, I'd say so! 3/4.
8. Do the Evening Dishes. (Honestly? If I stick my hands in dishwater after supper, it counts! It all counts.)
This was hard. I really, really wanted to leave them. Oddly, what spurred me on was the fact that even if I did the glasses, plates, and cutlery--there would still be the pots and pans to do! 3/4.
Thanks for you encouragement--and the accountability. It is the only way those dishes got done.