Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reverb #12 &13: Body & Action


December 12 – Body Integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

I don't really understand: do people feel a Cartesian split between their mind and their body? I feel connected and integrated all the time.

My body is me: I am my body.
<----(me, yesterday)
December 13 – Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

I am tempted to "set up" my whole year. Right now, I am focusing on a few goals centered around the theme I called "Lay the Foundation." I made up a resolutions chart and I'm marking up the boxes. I'm also participating in a class to help keep me on track with my fitness goal and I'm receiving daily prompts from Tracey Clarke's photography class to challenge my creativity every day. I'm already four days into my "plan" and I'm having a blast. I think my biggest "discovery" for 2011 may have already happened: I'm not happy just sitting on my duff all day. I am, actually, happiest with a plan. Who knew?

I don't want to overwhelm myself. I'm afraid I might if I continue, so I will say just this: I hope to focus each month on one "area" of improvement. Which areas and when aren't fixed in place: they aren't even defined, yet, and that's OK. I'm pretty sure February will be the month to concentrate on my relationships--or maybe I'll focus specifically on home school. But we'll see. I'm not sure exactly how to approach the whole "homeschool" thing yet. See? When I know, I'll know what to do.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...