Thursday, April 28, 2016

ORC* 4: The Roller Coaster





It's so hard to believe that yet another week has passed.

ORC 1: Going Insane Again
ORC 2: Hall of Mirrors 
ORC 3: Seven Steps to Stress

*I am doing an on-line challenge to transform my Mother's powder room from meh to totally glam in just five weeks. There are a lot of us this year--about 250!. We all link up on Thursdays to share our progress, here. On Wednesday, Linda, at Calling It Home, the creator of the challenge hosts her own hand picked designers and decorators as they report on their progress. I love reading all about their adventures.

 I was able to spend three days at my Mom's this week. I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped--but that's the nature of the Challenge. It's quite the roller coaster of accomplishments and setbacks.


Up:
I returned the light fixture to Lowe's...

It was the wrong finish

They shipped the replacement Wednesday....

Up:
Our art from Minted arrived!


Down:
Mom had to go to customs at the airport to pick it up...
and then out to the FedEx office there, too.
(That ate up most of one of our three days.)


Up:
All the trim for the lower half of the room is cut...
and installed....
even the tricksy bits.....



Down:
But we still need a piece of moulding to trim out the window properly....



Up:
We removed the bookcase that was hiding behind this door....

The top part is missing the back. I had planned to fix that.

Down:
and we lost a fair bit of storage...


Up:
but we gained so much room! and light! and air!


Up:
I started painting....


Down:
but I absolutely could not finish....

Any advice on what we can do about that nasty black pipe? The sink cannot be moved.


Staytunedfolks.....



Down:
So much work to do....
So little time.....

Up:
But I am optimistic we can make deadline.
(and maybe delusional.....)


****************************************************
Want to know how this all turns out? Have these posts delivered right to your inbox!






**************************************************

4 comments :

Christina | Little Victorian said...

Wow, you've gotten so much done. So there was a shelf in the doorway? Am I seeing that right?

Personally, I would just paint the pipe white and pretend it wasn't there. :)

Alana in Canada said...

I just might do that, Christina. Why do plumbers put in that ugly black pipe when everything is open like that? My sink is like that too. I didn't even know there were other options until the internet.

Anonymous said...

paint it. i did in a downstairs bathroom and it made so. much. difference.

looks great so far!

wilma

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I like how the room is coming together! Either paint the pipe white or put up a skirt around the sink? Most sink skirts attach with velcro, so its a non-permanent solution.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...