Thursday, October 2, 2014

15 Minutes: Declutter Countdown

Have you heard about the 31 Day writing challenge, hosted by The Nester?

Regrettably, I decided not to participate this year: I have in the past. This year, though, I figured I should take it easy and just follow along as best I can while doing the One Room Challenge in my living room (and following all of those fabulous participants. It is a busy month in blogland.)

This evening, I was reading a blog doing a series called the Clutter Countdown. Everyday, she will post a fifteen minute decluttering challenge. Tonight, it was all about the kitchen counter. I decided to play.

Before:




After 15 minutes.



Oh, so close! I was quite proud of myself for my 15 minutes included clearing out the dish rack so it could play host to the supper dishes.

So, I just let the timer continue.



And ta da!



Full disclosure: there are two cooking pots still on the stove, soaking.

But thanks Beauty and Bedlam. I needed that.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That looks GREAT. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your black and white checkered floor!

Jen - Beautyandbedlam said...

YAY!! Isn't it amazing what gets done in 15 minutes? AND, your painted table looks AMAZING!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...