Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reverb#6: Make


December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

Hooray for Gretchen! The last thing I made was a pound cake about an hour and a half ago. It is for a special dinner I'm making for my Mom tomorrow. Shhh, don't tell, but we're going to have a "simple and easy" Trifle with our Roast Beef. (The Trifle was supposed to be made with pre-made Sara Lee pound cakes, but I checked two grocers here and neither carried them (or, indeed, anything remotely plain like a pound cake.) Nothing for it but to make my own. I had planned on doing that with my daughter as part of her "baking class" but she was at a Girl Guides Pool Party tonight.

I followed this ratio recipe. I loved the simplicity of it. And yes, I weighed out the butter, sugar, and flour--just to be in the proper spirit of the thing.

Is there something I want to make?

Absolutely.

How about Days 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 of my December Daily?

(Yikes, typing it all out like that is awful. I hadn't realised I was that far behind! I've gotten very discouraged with my current camera though.)

I have also been working on the calendar project: and I need to get that done and put in the mail yesterday, too.

I will catch up on Sunday and Monday.

Yes. That's the plan.

Thanks Gretchen!

1 comment :

thefarmersdaughter said...

I've been stalking the happiness project for a year- glad to see someone else as impressed with her as I am!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...