Monday, January 2, 2017

The Return of The January Cure

Apartment Therapy is running their one month version of The Cure! So exciting. I've decided to follow along, and I've resurrected this space to do it since there is a strange fascination in cleaning and decluttering and loving on one's home at the same time all over the world with hundreds of others.

This blog was born in 2008 to record my participation in the Eight week version of the Cure AT used to run. (Seems unthinkable, now doesn't it.) So, we're both returning to our roots, as it were.

Today's assignment was to clean out one drawer, any drawer. I picked the junk drawer in my kitchen.



Look at that....fuses for a stove we no longer own. An oven thermometer to check the temperature of the oven that belonged to that stove we no longer own. And hardware. Hundreds of bits of miscellaneous hardware.

Why?

So, getting rid of those things and much else, I was able to find a new home for the parchment paper. I had been keeping it with the baking pans under the stove, but it was beginning to get mangled as it had to be angled just so. And that never happened. So.



Hooray! On to the next!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I got my email about cleaning a drawer and...... FORGOT TO DO IT! I guess I will do it today as I have to get my rump in gear!

My family is attempting the WHOLE 30 this month, so I feel all my time is consumed with food prep. Which it is. LOL

Gina in Chattanooga, TN

Alana in Canada said...

Oh, the whole 30! I love the whole 30! I got to having squash with every meal. I had vegetables for breakfast (made me think of the second book in The hunger Games trilogy where everyone was served a vegetable at breakfast in District 13). Food prep. Yup. All that food prep! It gets easier.

thefarmersdaughter said...

Hey! Great minds think a like.... I too am getting back to my blog. I need to get my thoughts and ideas in one place.... so I can get myself motivated again! glad to see you're back!

Alana in Canada said...

Hey Lorijo...so good to "see" you again, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...