Sunday, September 14, 2014

Five Minutes

I needed a fork clean for my lunch to take to work.

I had no time to do dishes.

So I challenged myself to do dishes for five minutes and five minutes only.

This is what I accomplished.



Sometimes you gotta do what you can and say "good enough."

I m sorry I haven't been able to return as fully to this blog as I wanted to. I am still struggling with keeping my home clean and tidy while I am working. I have also recently decided to put prioritize working out over house work-- so that won't help.

Most of all, I am really embarrassed that I am still struggling.

6 comments :

Carol-Anne said...

I'm sorry it's still a struggle for you. But most of all I'm sorry that you're embarrassed to be struggling. You're not alone. LOTS of people have troubles managing this stuff! You're always trying and for that I admire you!

Blessings.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It is a struggle some days, but we do what we can do and keep going.

Don't be embarrassed. You're not alone.

FlowerLady

Alana in Canada said...

Thank you ladies. Your comments--and empathy-- help.

Rita said...

Struggling here, too. With working, the blog, keeping house, working out, all of it. It's feeling pretty impossible these days, so I'm doing what you've done here: What I can, in what time I have. That's all we can do.

MMarie said...

Alana,
Once again you inspired me! I feel like all I've done lately is clean up after others. Last night as I looked at a sink of dirty dishes and a dishwasher full of clean dishes (and a member of the family promising me they'd empty it). I set the timer for 5 minutes and got to work. The dishes took me 3 minutes to do! Cleaning up the rest of the kitchen took me the remaining 2 minutes plus 10 seconds extra.
Thank you so much for sharing your life, and little solutions, with the rest of us. It certainly helped me!

Alana in Canada said...

Rita--you're so right.

MMarie--thank you for sharing that! It helps. So glad you were able to get so much done in just 10 minutes! Way to go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...