Monday, September 2, 2013

ReStart: Priorities and Plans


It's the start to a new year!

Really. The school calendar defined my life from pre-K to Highschool, four years of Undergrad and then a further six years of graduate work.

Now that my kids are back in the Public school system, they return to school tomorrow along with everyone else in the country! I'm excited. I am looking forward to cleaning my house--and having it stay that way, more or less, all day!

I took the summer off--from everything. I didn't plan it, it just happened. I did spend a few weeks decorating my nephew's bedroom--but I did nothing, absolutely nothing in my own house for two whole months. I'm not sure why I lost complete and utter interest, but I did. I'm not going to try and figure it out, but I'm not going to stop any thoughts which may occur to me, either.

It is difficult to know where to start when every single room needs attention NOW!

The living room needs a vacuum, the dishes picked up and the dvds gathered and put away. Blankets need to be folded and TV trays taken down. (Yeah, guess where I ate all summer?)



My home office/scrap room/dining room is an absolute disaster of papers and clothes needing ironing, books and binders.



The kitchen is outrageous. We even have an infestation of fruit flies at the moment because someone forgot (ahem) to take out the kitchen scraps stored under the sink. The counter hasn't been cleaned in a while, neither has the stove top, or the floor. Ugh. It's all very, very bad. (I'll spare us all a picture!)

I can't clean the whole house in one day. I figure it will likely take at least a week to make the house functional, clean and pleasant again. I need to start with determining my priorities and a plan.

It seems obvious to me that I need to start in the kitchen. As well, I need to plan my suppers for the month.

Tuesday:
Start the daily checklist
Go grocery shopping
Clean bathrooms

Wednesday
Continue the daily checklist
Clean living room
Clean bedroom

Thursday:
Checklist
Clean dining room

Friday:
Continue with the checklist
Whatever needs to be done
maybe, go to my Mom's and help her with her home office or her bedroom, whatever she wants to work on next.
 

This week I'm dedicating it to a re-start and a renewal!

4 comments :

Carol-Anne said...

Best of luck with it! I know you can do it!

Marie said...

Yay! Welcome back. You've been missed. I love doing a "brain dump" where I write everything I think I need to do all down on one list, in the order they come out of my brain. Then I take a few weeks (or months!) to get through the list. It works wonders to free one's brain of all it's clutter.

Alana in Canada said...

Thank you both! It is nice to know I was missed. Very motivating!

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

You're back! I've been wondering where you went. Hopefully the summer was relaxing :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...