Friday, November 19, 2010

Coming Up: Project Week

No, not those sorts of projects, the ones that still need doing, like hemming and hanging curtains and so on. No, these are Christmas Projects. Three of them, to be exact.



Top left: the Advent project.

This tub full of small watch tins (which is what they were "officially" known as ten years ago before they were appropriated into spice jars and scrapbook embellishment containers) is put out by Wilton to hold wedding favours. I'm going to make round numbered disks for the top, buy some small chocolates and candy and come up with 25 activities for the kids and I to do. I'm really looking forward to it. This was the inspiration:


from: Ormolu! She also has a lovely Etsy shop where you can purchase these fabulous tags.

And that is....

Top right: the Daily December Album.

Ali Edwards (informally) heads up the annual project. Here are more details, about the project, if you're interested. Yes, in spite of the fact that I have not done my Vacation album, I have not finished my Week in the Life Album--and there are just one or two things left to do on my Me: The Abridged Version album, I am going to do this. I will likely post more about this project as it goes along.

And then....

Bottom left: The Calendar Project.

I bought a kit from Basic Grey --something I've never done before-- and I'm quite excited about using it. I spent about a day wondering why I'd bought it. I enjoy scrapbooking, I don't really need or want to simplify it. Nonetheless, I am rather tired of the whole Calendar thing. It's been several years, now, after all. Buying the kit will make this task go more smoothly--but it won't satisfy my need to play and create. I think that's a large part of why I decided to do the December Daily.

So, that's my weekend and next week accounted for. I'm not exactly sure how I am going to do this seeing as we will also be having our Investment Guy and a Life Insurance Rep in for appointments next week: and the "board room table" cum dining room table is also my scrap table, but I will figure it out!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...