Monday, August 16, 2010

Bird Bath

I saw this idea on a blog somewhere out there. The blogger was actually much more clever than I: she used an old glass lampshade as the bowl with an old wire planter as the base.

If you know what project I'm referring to and you know who did it, please let me know and I'll link up to her post.

That was a truly clever interpretation of the idea: but not the first. The birdbath in this charming front yard was the first I saw.

(I didn't keep track of where I got this image. If you know, please let me know so I can give credit.)

I reinterpreted the enamel bowl. But not by much:



I found a wonderful wire plant stand:



I bent out the top wire loops by hand and placed the enamel bowl into it.
Then, we put a rock in it to give the birds a perch and to weigh it down.



I has a certain je ne sais quois, don't you think? My husband calls it "Bird Brain in a Bowl"

What do you think? I'm soliciting opinions. Is it finished? Should I spray paint the black base white to tie it into the bowl? Should I paint the bowl? Both? Or just leave it, in all it's rustic "as is" glory? What do you think?)

For no other reason than I want to play with some new friends, I'm linking to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.

3 comments :

Leena said...

Hi Alana!

Really like the birdbath, eventhough I find the rock to be bit unnatural, a gray rock would look better to my eye. But maybe it's just the photo twisting the colours.

If you do paint it, pleace don't paint the bowl, I like it's old look.

When are you going to show after pictures from the kitchen?! I'm waiting anxiously!

-Leena (who was in simplify 101 workshops)

Ann said...

I'm with Leena, a grayer rock. Also a bit smaller and a bit flatter. I really do think it's cute!
Annie (also a fellow Simplify classmate)
P.S. I'm enjoying your blog.

Sabrina said...

My 2 cents is to leave it as it is. I like the rustic, simple look to it. If you did feel like you had to do something, I would paint the black to match the bowl.

Couldn't find your email, and wanted to thank you for your comments at Schtuff at Home about my daughter's room. I found the House of Turquoise link on your site and I'm feeling much more confident about the color choice now. Thanks!!

Sabrina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...