Friday, December 18, 2009

Stupid Question

Why should I get "everything" done this weekend?

I read Aby's blog today and she inspired me to think about what it would take to get "everything" done. And then I wondered, why would I want too?

Assuming it is possible: everything purchased, everything wrapped, everything baked, everything prepared, laundry done, and even the house cleaned, what would we do with ourselves?

A few things we could do come to mind as I'm typing this out: we could reserve the baking and do that, we could put together the Gingerbread houses I bought back in November, we could decorate the glass ball ornaments I purchased.

But, honestly, I'm not sure how to "think" about my time when a million things aren't pressing upon it.

What's your perspective? What would you do if you had nothing you absolutely HAD to do?

2 comments :

thefarmersdaughter said...

that's kind of how I live my life. I try to get the stuff I need to get done (dishes,laundry, cleaning toilets) done with the kid is at school so we can do whatever we like on the weekends and at night.

Max and I play games and watch old black and white movies in the afternoons....

drwende said...

Read... play with the cat... write...

Heck, I do this stuff even when there are things I ought to be getting done...

It's an interesting larger question, though: assuming high efficiency and therefore real free time, what would one do with one's time?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...