Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Wreath Do-Over.

I have Benita of chez Larsson to thank for this. She was our "guest decorator" over at the workshop at Simplify 101.

I asked her for advice on how to work with this wreath:

Good grief, it's embarrassing.

I really was at my wit's end about it though. I got it years ago at one of those $10.00 gift exchanges run by the women's group at a Church we once attended. I have great memories of the women there and the wreath reminds me of them. So, I didn't want to chuck it and start over.

Benita pointed me to the treasure trove of all things wreath related at Martha Stewart. Specifically, she advised me to follow the instructions for this one, but use "shiny baubles" (as I'd mentioned I'd wanted shiny things on it) instead of the berries.



It was inspirational, really. You know what the best part of her advice was? "Fluff it up," she said. Fluff it? You mean it can fluff? It was an eye opener, indeed.

And then, for about $10 in "shiny baubles" and a pre-made ribbon from Canadian Tire and many wraps around with the floral wire, I came up with this:


There. Much better, don't you think?
Many thanks, Benita.

4 comments :

Colleen said...

lovely- great improvement!

lsaspacey said...

Wow, that turned out awesome!

drwende said...

Much better, indeed! The wreath fluffed nicely.

Benita said...

Wow! It looks amazing, great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...