I wanted to do a "Goals 2014 review" post to send off the old year--but my last goals post was in March. I only lasted three months! Hopefully, I will do better this year.
For the first time ever, I'm going to make some goals for the whole year. There aren't many.
Fitness and Physical Appearance:
1. I will weigh less on January 1, 2016 than I do on January 1, 2015 by at least 30 pounds.
2. I will average at least 70,000 steps per week for every week of 2015. (This may be too low to achieve #1 above, so I'll adjust if necessary.)
3. I will be stronger and more flexible and more fit.
So what does that look like in January?
For better or worse, I've downloaded a low impact work out guide for beginners from fitnessblender. I've done the first day and it was a fitness test. Ugh. I knew I was inflexible: now I really know! I am taking this just one day at a time.
1. We will owe less on January 1, 2016 than we do on January 1, 2015. (I have a specific number in mind, but I'm not comfortable sharing that here.)
Right now, I put 70% of my pay cheque directly onto the debt. For this month, I am going to up that to 80% and see how that goes.
2. I will cook two new vegetarian meals a month until we find six we can put into the meal rotation.
1. I will declutter and organize the following areas:
a) Christmas and Holiday items. (Under the basement stairs, china cabinet, basement shelves.) I want to get this done this month. I am comitting to spending at least 15 minutes a day on it--except for days when I work more than six hours.
b) Home office: papers, files, office drawers, command centre.
c) Basement storage and recyclable area.
d) Sell/Donate the boxes of books in the garage.
2. Decorate the front and back hallway and the stairwell. (ORC Challenge starts April 2nd)
3. Fix the bathrooms!
4. Begin the process to wire the house properly.
5. Spend one on one time with each child once a month.
Does this seem boring? It seems boring. No big travel pans, no big novel writing plans, no start a new business, buy a tiny house and ride off into the sunset plans.
Either I am unimaginative--or I'm pretty much content with my life.
Let's go with that.