Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just Visiting: Bohemian Waxwings

This is just a pit stop for them.

click to enlarge

As far as I can tell, they have no migration pattern, they simply roam (as their name suggests) throughout the sub-Arctic regions, in and around boreal forest habitat, all year long, in every part of the world.

In this part of the world, we see them usually in February and March.

Sorry I don't have a telephoto lens. I so rarely need one!

They travel in groups of 100 or more and they swoop and swarm all over the neighbourhood. They move fast, too. Today my daughter and I watched them swoop from tree to roof to sidewalk, dozens of them at a time, in a blink of an eye.

And so noisey! Because they aren't territorial, they have no "song" but boy, they do talk!


How many do you see in the tree?

I loved seeing and hearing them today.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...