Thursday, January 17, 2008

Names.

We did our Latin today and as an introduction to pronounciation, the kids were to pick Latin names. My son immediately chose Caius without reading them--but I made them persevere and my daughter picked Aurelia--it is actually the name of a female relative. We're doing ecclesiastical pronounciation so, phonetically, their names are:
Caius: K eye us
Aurelia: Ow ray li ah (short i)

I'm happy: now I have a names for them for the blog!
Tomorrow we get into the nitty gritty. Nouns!

2 comments :

Anne At Large said...

I will never forget my Latin class - the professor had us start each day by singing "Gaudeamus igitur". At 8 am. But this was a tiny liberal arts school so we went along. And it has actually been useful for me for many years (scientific lingo nobody but me knows how to pronounce, and man if it wasn't nice for standardized testing).

Alana in Canada said...

You took Latin, too?

More popular than I had thought. I hope the kids will find it useful, someday, especially for those SAT's (not required here, but helpful if we homeschool High School.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...