Monday, January 14, 2008

Hello Out There!

I'm back. The computer is back. It wasn't even the problem. $200.00and a new ADSL cord later it turns out the ruddy phone company had been responsible. "Somehow," the "guy" said "the Internet wasn't switched on." HUH? I'll let those who know about such things figure it out!

Anyway, I took all that time I had been spending on the computer and put it to good use. I started scrapping with a vengeance and restarted the old homeschooling train. That one is chugging so slowly, but doggedly, that I remember I take breaks from the kids' education because, well, it just isn't fun to crack a whip at them all day while beating my head against a brick wall. But, that's life. And I even chose it! Good thing I have a really hard head.

So, I'm in the midst of remembering how to teach spelling and finding lesson plans on the human body, and re-drilling math facts (Thank heavens my daughter figured out how to add and subtract numbers with re-grouping today! Egads, talking her through every single step was mind numbing. That's actually useful, when you're banging you head against a wall, but not, um, fun, you know?)

I'd type more, there's so much to say I've been procrastinating signing on 'cause who knows where to start? But, there's a circadian challenged child waiting for me to read a chapter of "The Mystery of Tally-Ho Cottage" to him. (It actually from my very own childhood at about that age. You'll like this Zooza: the back says it retails for 35p (and $1.25 in Canada, $1.10 in Aus and NZ.) It's by Enid Blyton. Did you know she wrote over 800 books for children. 800! On a typewriter.

Anyway, anything anyone wants to know?
Anything I ought to address?
What with being down and WT being over, what should this blog be, if anything?

And thanks so much for your kind, wonderful comments. They actually brought tears to my eyes.

5 comments :

zooza said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you got your internet problem sorted. As for what your blog should be - surprise us! Having said that, I would be interested to hear about ay ongoing WT thoughts you may have. And then there's the creativity resolutions...

If only we could buy books for 35p nowadays...

drwende said...

She's back!!!

Well, what do you want the blog to be about? You promised to share scrapbook pages with us as part of your Creativity Resolutions...hint... hint...

I figure that unless one is aiming to be a professional blogger, a blog fills some of the role that writing long letters used to (and it's way easier for time-starved people). You chatter about whatever's on your mind today, for the amusement of your online friends, and because it's "out there" as part of a network of blogs, you also get to make new friends.

Colleen said...

yay- welcome back. and somehow I'm not surprised to learn the phone company is at fault- ours recently charged my mother $3.99 for a three-way call despite the fact that she's never had three-way ability. She doesn't even have call waiting. She has basic service with a basic phone, and didn't even know what three-way calling was, not to mention would never be able to remember how to use it if she had it. The phone company rep was highly suspicious, but eventually agreed to remove the charge "this time" without ever admitting it was a clear mistake...

Alana in Canada said...

CQ--good grief. I don't wonder at the officiousness of the phone folks.

Long letters--I like that concept. And you're kind to suggest you want to see my scrapbook stuff. I need to think on that one.

About WT: all I have is a really bad taste in my mouth. Nothing, really to do with AT, but in spite of my efforts, I just can't shop. I have a few stop and start posts in my "lists of posts" about this topic. But the fact remains: my arms just aren't long enough for the roundness of my torso.

We're on a quick break....I plan to do the round of blogs later tonight when I've more time....

Oh it's good to be baaaaack.

scb said...

Okay, everybody grab one of Alana's arms, and on the count of three, we'll all pullllll! (If the problem is that your arms aren't long enough, that ought to fix it... ... ...) ;)

Yayayayay! It is good to have you back among us!

I like the "blog-like-a-long-letter" concept. Blog about whatever you want to, we'll be glad to read it! (I would blog about my current cold, but probably no-one wants to read about that... ...)

Welcome back. Yay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...