Friday, January 25, 2008

Librivox--a free resource for Audio books.

Have you heard of this?
The titles they have are amazing! From Alcott, to Boethius, to Burgess....

It's a voluntary project where individuals read books in the public domain. You can listen to them on the computer--or using I-Tunes, download onto disc for the car or CD player.

I just downloaded a book on the Jesuit missions in Canada for the kids and I to listen to on those long errand days spent in the car.

The catalogue is a bit difficult to navigate--nothing by subject matter--but if you know the title or author of the book you want, it's easy.

Here's the link to the main page.

4 comments :

drwende said...

psssst... show us your... muffins!

Alana in Canada said...

(Oh, I needed that laugh!)

Sheryl said...

I was not knowing about Librivox. By your article Librivox--a free resource for Audio books I came to know what is it. Thank you for that.
Audio Books

sweety said...

This is great post, it is give very important information. Really it will workout for me,thank you very much for sharing this info.
AudioBookAvenue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...