Friday, January 25, 2008

Librivox--a free resource for Audio books.

Have you heard of this?
The titles they have are amazing! From Alcott, to Boethius, to Burgess....

It's a voluntary project where individuals read books in the public domain. You can listen to them on the computer--or using I-Tunes, download onto disc for the car or CD player.

I just downloaded a book on the Jesuit missions in Canada for the kids and I to listen to on those long errand days spent in the car.

The catalogue is a bit difficult to navigate--nothing by subject matter--but if you know the title or author of the book you want, it's easy.

Here's the link to the main page.

3 comments :

drwende said...

psssst... show us your... muffins!

Alana in Canada said...

(Oh, I needed that laugh!)

Unknown said...

I was not knowing about Librivox. By your article Librivox--a free resource for Audio books I came to know what is it. Thank you for that.
Audio Books

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...