Thursday, March 14, 2013

Simple is Beautiful

 
 
Would it be too weird to say that I did this project just so I would have something to post for the William Morris project this week?
 
 
Of course, it's been on my to do list ever since I first thought of it back sometime in January. Yep. During Kitchen Challenge month. This pot lid used to be tucked away on top of its matching pot way back in the corner of the top shelf. I had to get down on both knees to reach it. Who needs that in the middle of making dinner?
 
 
 
It was easy though the first hurdle I jumped was realising that the towel bar didn't have to be horizontal in order to work. I felt like a rock star for figuring that out! Then, I just had to make sure that the pot lid would not hit the shelf once the cupboard door was closed. I held the towel bar and the pot lid in place and closed the door. (It was not as simple as I make it sound!)  It worked.


Then, I tried to indicate on the door where the bottom of the shelf was with a rular and a pencil, but the rular was too flexible to get a reliable mark. Still,  I re-positioned the towel bar and the lid--and it seemed like it would be OK: but I couldn't be absolutely sure.

I decided to go ahead, anyway.

It was liberating in a small way.

When I showed off what I had done to my family, they just laughed. I guess they're used to my quirks.

A simple project but incredibly useful. And that's beautiful.

Linking to the weekly gathering at Pancakes and French Fries.

3 comments :

Rita said...

That is awesome. :-) And I totally get doing a project just so you can link to P & F. :-) And I know about how you have to make sure the door will still close, so I fully appreciate the effort/thinking in this little project. Sometimes they are the most satisfying, aren't they?

Alana in Canada said...

It was incredibly satisfying for its size! Thank you for getting it. All of it.

onshore said...

It's not weird at all to do a project just to attend the william Morris projects. I think all excuses to finish something or better something are good.
The handle looks handy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...