Saturday, November 5, 2011

Improvements in the Home Office/Dining Room

I admit it.

I was embarrassed when I last showed you around the home office/ dining room. I kind of want to cringe whenever I think that that's the incarnation which the world saw when they took the Prairie Home Tour.

So, I spiffed up this incredibly hard working room over the last six months or so, and now I'm happy to show it to you again. There haven't been any major changes: just little ones which make me just that much more content.

Gracing the entrance to the room from the front hallway, our knotty pine door remains the same.

I spend a lot of time in this room. The TV is in the next room (to the right of where I'm standing to take this picture, actually). Having a glass door between me and it has to be one of the best things in this house. It's genius. I can be visually connected and yet acoustically apart. Perfect.

I arranged the stuff on the Expedit. Some by colour: some by other criteria. I took great advice from the comments and changed things up a bit. I made some Bird Art for the top.




I lengthened the curtains.



I also made some lovely changes to the Walnut breakfront. To the top of it, that is. I'm still just stuffing things inside.



I didn't style these shelves, exactly. But I made a few small improvements.


And, moving around full circle to the desk area, no, I did not re-cover the office chair. Perhaps the next time we have a tour! I did, however, declutter and make the area brighter and more cheerful.

If you followed along during my struggle to establish a housekeeping routine during the 31 days of housekeeping series, you will be familiar with this area!

And here is a gratuitous artsy shot of the centre piece on the table.


Talk about a colour palette!
Yum.

Linking to the Dining Room Party at Cottage and Vine.

http://cottageandvine.blogspot.com/
Lovely dining rooms there.

5 comments :

Carol-Anne said...

Wow. The biggest changes (from my viewpoint!) are the lengthened curtains and the way you've re-styled the Expedit shelves. It just looks terrific!

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks so much.

Nicole said...

Its beautiful! Please tell me you spent the entire day cleaning just to take the pictures, it would make me feel so much better, lol!

onshore said...

Now I see the green boxes that you say have the carfting stuff. Do you have all your crafting stuff there? I have one cabinet full of stuff, which does include the sewing and knitting things too.

René said...

I think it is great that you combine the dining room to also function as an office. I have often considered doing the same thing. Don't you love your expedit?

Thanks so much for joining the "room by room" series!

-René

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...