Friday, February 4, 2011

Flowers on Friday

I recently discovered a new blog--from Canada--called Maillardville Manor. The blogger has impeccable taste and she's decorating a new home. Inspiring. It doesn't hurt that she's from Canada, either! Though she is in Vancouver which in February can be hard to take as most tend to gloat over their greenery just waking up and poking through the ground about now. (Not the blogger from Maillardville Manor. I don't mean to imply that! This Vancouverite from Meet My Ugly Baby was planning her balcony garden yesterday, though!) We, however, still have snow. Piles and piles of it. More expected, too.

A view of the yard taken from the upstairs bathroom. The roofs are bare because we shovel them with contraptions called roof shovels. It is, actually, above zero today which is nothing more than a cruel joke.


Anyway, I ramble. The point is, she thought of this first, and I'm stealing it. This Friday, at least. I may not have flowers next week, or I may and forget to take pictures of them. Who knows? But these tulips were beautiful and I wanted to share.

It was my daughter's idea, actually. She convinced my husband to get them for me--and I'm sure she picked out the colour.


Purple is her thing.

I hadn't realised how much tulips droop. Nor how they open and close with the sun.



I was utterly fascinated by the colours inside.



Look at that orange! That teal blue! It was amazing.



That was a week ago, of course.


They have died and they're gone now.

But I was glad to have them.

5 comments :

Maillardville Manor said...

LOVE those tulips :)
Thanks for the shout out!
Have a great weekend, maybe pick up some more tulips :) hehe

thefarmersdaughter said...

those were really pretty. I got Iris's for my birthday- they too are dead. But really pretty for a few days!

Anne At Large said...

What a great idea! A great pick-me-up for a cold winter day.

Lauren said...

Not so much gloating as out-and-out giddiness! Haha, snow has its perks - surely? Gorgeous tulip pics - I don't think I've ever seen those colours before.

Alana in Canada said...

@Lauren, yes, OK, I accept the correction. I took a trip to Vancouver one Frebruary just to see some flowers! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that balcony. And sadly, no, there's nothing good about snow. Not to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...