Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dinner: Wednesday Night.

This is actually part of my camping repertoire. It's super simple.

Beany Beef Burritos.

1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked beef
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning mix

Fry the onions until transluscent in the oil. Add the beef and beans and seasoning mix. Warm through. Place onto burritos, tortillas or wraps and add toppings.

Toppings:

chopped green onion
diced tomatoes
shredded cheddar cheese
chopped cilantro
sour cream
salsa

Like this:



I used a can of mixed beans for the Pinto and the Black as I'd used up the latter in a Barley soup I made last night. As well, that's a yellow tomato mixed in with the red. Cucumbers are sitting in for the cilantro and the green onions.

2 comments :

Anne At Large said...

This looks easy and tasty! I might have to try and replicate it with ground turkey instead of beef...

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love tacos/burritos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...