Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 4: 29 day Basement Organization Challenge

Today was mostly spent doing the obvious: or as Aby Garvey of Organizing 101 likes to say, I spent the day picking off the low hanging fruit. Most satisfying it was, too.
.
First, I took the time to find a nail and bang it into the wall so I could hang the curtain rod and put up my curtains.
.


.
Ta Da!


.
I wasn't just waiting on a nail, though. I had to try these out in the bright! shiny! white! bathroom first.
.

.
I love these curtains, but when my hand hit them for the upteenth time while trying to get at the toilet paper, I had to admit defeat: they were just too big for this spot.
.
They are cheery, here, though, aren't they?
.
(Please don't mind the mid-laundry day mess.)
.
I actually started clearing this bench yesterday.
.

.
I had to clear out some old coil bound work books to find some room on the shelves behind the sheet curtains to the left: so my daughter and I worked out the coils last night while watching TV to get the pages ready for recycling.
.
Ta da two!
.

.
Remember this mess?
.

.
Well, I unearthed the "home gym" buried beneath. I really don't know if we're going to get much for it at all. I've a mind to let it go for free.

Ta da three!

But then, I didn't pay for it.
It gets a bit tougher, now, but I'm feeling good.

2 comments :

Jen C. said...

Progress is good for the soul! I'm excited to see the end results!

onshore said...

That's like magic, where did all the stuff go! The ta da three is amazing.

Way to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...