Thursday, February 13, 2014

How I Stopped Procrastinating.

Short version: I got fed up.

here's what happens when your hallway is also where you change

Somehow, along the way, I installed the curtain rod over my bedroom window crooked.


Can you see it?
There's just a bit of wood from the window trim peeking up on the right hand side.

So, when I decided to paint my room, I figured I would put the curtain rod back up when I finished painting that wall--only straighter and wider.

No biggie, right?



Except, it was. Mostly, I required a second person to stand on a chair with me and help me hold it up, eye the level, and determine whether it was straight.

So, how long does it take a one and three quarter income family to install a curtain rod?


Three weeks plus a day.


Long version:

Time is scarce. It always is: it's just our perception of it which changes. I am a procrastinator. For various reasons, I will put off until some other day what I could have done today. This time, it was because I was afraid I would screw up. But the reason doesn't matter. Eventually, you run out of some days. Eventually, you get fed up and the dreaded task moves to the top of the to do list. That's not really a problem--unless the sum of time it would take to do all those procrastinated things exceeds the time available to you when you get fed up.

That's a problem.

Because then, you're living in a bad mood.

And that sucks.





Sneak preview of my next project in the bedroom:




#NotProcrastinatingThisOne.

3 comments :

onshore said...

Mint green is such a lovely colour, I'd want to drink that paint :)

I too need to ask A for some help attaching one thing on the wall, but I always forget. But that thing I've only procrastinated for a week or so.
Anyway well done, finishing that must make you feel good now.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You're not the only procrastinator. It feels so wonderful when we get things done, what on earth were we waiting for? Fear does have a lot to do with procrastinating for me, plus sometimes I just don't feel like doing whatever it is right now.

I look forward to seeing what you are going to paint with that luscious color.

Have a lovely Valentine's Day ~ FlowerLady

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks, Ladies! I knew you'd understand. It does feel good to get it done! I am glad you like the mint. It is much darker in person, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...