Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mid-Month Goals Update


Yes, that is the state of my bedroom, right now. I am in the middle of painting it--one of many goals for this month.

I had divided them up into three categories: Home, Health, and Hobby.

As far as the home goals go, I've only managed to start on the painting one, as you can see. But truly? That'll be enough. I've had some lovely weeks with less than twenty hours of work scheduled--but that will come to end rather soon.

My main push has been to establish some healthy habits using the MMEW Jumpstart Class to propel me onward. It's working!

 
 
I'm exercising.
 


Making my bed (ever since I read about the relationship between will-power and tidiness.)

yes, pulling up the covers totally counts
 

keeping a "five minute" journal

--all I have to do is write in it for five minutes before bed. I am finding this oddly comforting. I used to keep a journal....but I found it too cumbersome to keep up once I had kids. It turned into laments and lists. This time, my focus is on small wins.


Isn't it gorgeous? I bought it as a gift for someone--and then decided to give it to myself!
 
 
And, here we are, Day 14 of the Whole30.
 
 


As for my hobby, scrapbooking, I'm a bit taken aback that I haven't accomplished even one thing, yet. I haven't even taken any steps towards accomplishing anything. This is going to get away from me super-quick if I don't do something soon.

So, that's where I'm at, 15 days into January. How are you doing with your goal(s)?


2 comments :

onshore said...

I think you are doing excellent work here! And you have done a lot, I think you know it yourself too.

Rita@thissortaoldlife said...

Love the 5-minute journal! I bought one right before the new year and do the same thing. I bought it so that I could incorporate some gratitude practice into my life.

My book is a 5-year journal; there's a page for each day of the year, with space for 5 year's worth of entries. (So, only a few lines per day.) Just enough space to write 3 things for which I'm grateful each day. Haven't been as faithful in writing it as I'd like, but it's becoming a habit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...