Back when I let my bathroom sink backsplash tiles be the boss of me, I sewed together a rather Nemo looking panel for the bathroom curtain.
After installing the white tile around the tub last winter, I wanted a change. I found these tea towels and put them up temporarily. I loved the horizontal stripes.
I decided I wanted the sofia fabric from IKEA in Navy and White.
I was going to attempt to make my very own inside mount Roman Shade.
from Martha Stewart
I went to Ikea to pick it up in March. Not in stock. I checked the web site every few days to see if any had arrived--and I stalled on doing much of anything in the bathroom until it did.
Then, one day in late May, my computer said there was some in stock. I rushed down to the store only to discover that though the computer had said there were "three pieces, " that was not enough to actually have in stock, on hand, to sell, as it were. The salesperson said, so sorry, it's being discontinued, don't ever expect to see it again, and basically, well, get over it.
So, with reluctance, I tried.
I found these amazing curtains on-line.
I decided to copy them using what I had on hand: those tea towels and a drop cloth.
I bleached the heck out of the drop cloth and bought 5m of navy ribbon. (about $5).
Don't mind the uneven stripes at the top, that's not the oops. I had the panels done up differently to determine whether I liked the length of the tea towel on the left or the right.
Nooo --as soon as I snapped this picture I realised the whole thing was too short--it looked something like a girl's pinafore with her petticoat peeking out!
Let's try that again:
(I was so pleased to have finally finished them, I forgot to put on the finial before I snapped the picture!)Ta Da!
I think the double navy ribbon at the bottom gives it a jaunty nautical air!
Not bad for $5!
Linking to The Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors. Lots of inspirational projects there!