Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You Know Winter's Coming When....

In spite of fuzzy sweatpants and sweaters and sunshine, I have been chilled all day.

It is currently 8 degrees Celcius outside. (46F). The low tonight is supposed to be 4C (39F).

The forecast?

Tomorrow's high 6C (42) and rain.
low: 2C (35F).


After supper, I had the husband clean the furnace filter.

Just before bed, I turned on the furnace for the first time since May...


...and it seems the fan is broken.


(Thank goodness I didn't wait until it was really cold!)

4 comments :

Anne At Large said...

Thank goodness you didn't wait until it was really cold! That'd be like us waiting for a heat wave before we find out our A/C is broken! Oh wait, we did that. Glad you caught yours early on! And I can't believe how cold it already is up there! It'll be that cold here at night but it's still in the 80's all day.

scb said...

Brrrrr! Hope you get your furnace fixed soon! I've been resisting turning up the heat, but it has been chilly in my apartment... There have been a couple of -1 mornings so far...

The Bay is having a 30% off all outerwear this weekend, as is Sears, (here, at least). I'm goin' jacket hunting! I want me a jacket with a zipper and some semblance of warmth!

scb said...

Note that the -1 mornings are *outside* -- it isn't that cold in the apartment! I realized that my comment read rather strangely.

Anonymous said...

Woah! coldness! It hasn't been bad yet here, but the darkness and rain is making me act like it's the depths of winter. Let's just put it this way, I just mixed a batch of cookies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...