Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Menu Plan with Links

I know, today is Tuesday, which means we've already eaten Monday's meal! Usually I do the menu plan (which is really more of a supper plan) on Sundays and shop on Mondays, but this week is 10% Tuesday--that first Tuesday of the month when Safeway takes 10% off the total bill. So, either I'm late--or just in time. I'm going to post this and then go shopping.

As well, I am continuing with the Whole30 I started on January 2nd, so I have done my best to find whole 30 compliant meals. That means, no sugar, no soy, no dairy, no legumes, no grains, and no artificial additives. Just great tasting food! If you're interested, there's more info at the new Whole 30 web-site.


On sale at Safeway this week:

Lean Ground Beef  2.99/lb (or $6.59/kg)
Boneless Cross Rib Roast  3.99/lb (or $8.80/kg)
Chicken Breasts  2.99/lb (or $6.59/kg)
Frying Chicken (I roast it.) 2.99/lb (or $6.59/kg)
Wild Pink Salmon portions 680g for $7.77

The Menu Plan

Monday:
Sautéed Chicken w/thyme, roasted root veggies (carrots, parsnips, rutabaga), steamed spinach, boiled sweet potato

Tuesday:
Roasted Chicken w/vegetables (parsnips, carrots, sweet potato, rutabaga) right in the roaster

Wednesday:
 Pad Thai* (if I can find sesame seed butter that is whole30 compliant)

Thursday:
Cinnamon Beef Stew,* cauliflower "rice"

Friday:
(working 10:00 to 4:30pm)
Italian Ground Beef* (ground beef sautéed with onions, tomatoes, zucchini, black olives and seasoned with Pizza spice mix), spaghetti squash

Saturday:
(working 9:15 to 4:45pm)
Crock Pot Balsamic Roast, (omit white wine) roasted butternut squash, steamed broccoli

Sunday:
Many Herbed Roasted Salmon** (place salmon in baking dish that has been primed with about a tablespoon each of olive oil and coconut oil, top with chopped onions, thyme and basil, bake at 475 about 10-15 minutes or until it is done), roasted acorn squash, spinach salad.

To make the meals non-paleo or "family friendly," I may add potatoes, rice or noodles as sides.


*From Well Fed, by Melissa Joulwen
**From  Saving Dinner the Low-Carb Way, by Leanne Ely.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

It all sounds yummy! I did a a Whole 100 last year and was able to completely go off of my blood pressure medicine, which was amazing. I still eat paleo, but not as strict as Whole 30. Looking forward to following along on your Whole30. :)
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...