Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Project 7: Household Goods Inventory Checklist



I know.

It is the geekiness in me.

I was in a store the other day, standing surrounded by specials on paper products and I wanted to buy some but I hadn't a clue what we needed. Given the smallness of my house, I had no idea what I would do if I bought extra and we didn't really need it.

So I left it.

 
I bought this lamp and shade when our very first Lowe's came to town. I was so excited to get a coloured lampshade. Throughout Season 5 of Mad Men, I was distracted to no end by these exact lampshades flanking the bed in scenes of Don and Megan in their apartment's bedroom. They have been replaced by subtly different ones this season.

Can you honestly believe how difficult it is to keep track of lightbulbs these days? It's almost a reason not to buy a lamp at Ikea which I recently and recklessly did.

 
The lamp from As-Is I installed in our master bedroom closet.


Thus, the need for the Household Goods Inventory Checklist was born.

It lists:

Cleaning Supplies
Personal Hygiene
Paper Goods
The contents of my medicine cabinet, and
Lightbulbs.
(Food wrap and storage is listed on the Pantry Inventory Checklist).

If there are quantities listed, that's the number of that type of item we need to have in use at all times. (Like toothbrushes -- 4)

I've also indicated where I will keep the extras--namely cleaning supplies, paper goods, and lightbulbs in the hall closet and personal hygeine products and medicine cabinet items in the pantry. I have yet to set that up in the pantry. But, I will.

I plan to fill it out when I do my once a month 10% off the first Tuesday of the month shop--which is today (yes, I prepared this post in advance. I had to.)

We'll see how it works out.

1 comment :

onshore said...

We have gazillion different light bulbs these days, argh!
You love your inventory lists, don't you? We have a habit of writing things on the shopping list when we notice we are running out of something, like toilet paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...