Sunday, May 12, 2013

Project 12: Organize the Back Door Pocket Hanging Thingy.

There is just enough room behind the door for this pocket organizer in my back entry way.

 
 
It's summer and that means this needs to be organized.
 
Plus, it needed cleaning and mending; some of the stitching on the pockets has come out. So, I handwashed it in the bath tub and stitched it up.
 
 
 
 
 
Ever since I painted the wooden strip to match my kitchen chairs, I haven't liked these two blues together.
 
 
 
Since I'm on a bit of a painting kick, I thought, why not?
 
 
The colour I chose is in a spray can. So, that meant a lot of taping off.
 
 
 
 
 
I thought I'd continue with my prettifying of the entryway with some fun labels. I found some fairly colourful ones at World Label. Even better, they were free.
 
 
 
 
So, there we have it. A lovely place for the sunscreen, mosquito repellent and the ever so essential badminton birdies.
 
 
Not all the pockets are filled. Maybe I should have attached labels, anyway?
 
 
Here's to summer!

3 comments :

Rita said...

I like it! And that's such a smart idea for corralling all those things. Might just have to steal it... :-)

Alana in Canada said...

By all means, take it! It's a handy thing.

onshore said...

Good new colour, cheery. That is a narrow space, good idea to have that organizer there in the first place.
I think you should add labels to the empty ones too. Then you only need a pencil to write the contents when you do fill them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...