Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Cleaning the Bedroom: The Master Plan



This is the second to last week of Spring Cleaning.

I have to say I'm glad. I'm not sure what I will do next: part of the difficulty with having a blog about my home is that if I don't have any projects on the go, I don't really have anything to blog about--and I like blogging! Oh well, there are two whole weeks left to go before I need to worry about it.

More than any other room, I love working on the bedroom. I love knowing that everything is fresh and clean when I snuggle under my covers. This is going to be a great week.

Here's the Master Plan.

Cleaning:
Wash mattress pad, bed skirt and comforter
Wash curtains
Flip mattress
Vacuum mattress
Vacuum sofa
Wash windows, window frames, and door frames
Vacuum and wash floor
Wash baseboards


Wash light fixture and clean fan blades
Make any necessary repairs (eg, the light in the closet needs fixing.)

Clothes (and Personal Items)
Swap out seasonal clothes
Clean winter shoes and boots. Take repairs to cobbler
Clean jewellery



Declutter:
Shelves: Book and magazines
Drawers
Clothes closet
Dressers

6 comments :

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

sounds like that list ought to take you a minimum of two weeks!

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

and ps. knowing my father, I'm sure he has already been to the Edmonton trash plant :-)

onshore said...

I'm still not finished with the bathroom cleaning.

Thanks for mentioning the jewelery. Mine needs decluttering and cleaning.

Anne At Large said...

You are making me want to clean SO VERY BADLY. That does not happen often. I'm not sure if I should bookmark this post for when my house is a mess or hide from its power in awe.

Alana in Canada said...

Don't hide, Anne! And it is only powerful if the work gets done.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the cleaning plan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...